I’m constantly asked for New York hotel/ accommodation recommendations and, since I haven’t stayed anywhere in years, I genuinely don’t have any!
So I asked for recommendations on my Instagram (@live_lavishly_blog) and I received hundreds… honestly! So to save you from scrolling through hundreds of comments under my Instagram post, I went through them all and I’ve ranked them based on the amount of recommendations they received!
This list will hopefully help people on their search for good accommodation in NYC but… please, please, please, read online reviews before you book any hotel in New York and look at the customer review ratings online (I’ve added booking.com’s ratings below).
NYC hotels, in my personal experience, are nothing special for the most part. But with New York, you literally have so much to see and do, I’d be very surprised if you spend much time there at all. Generally with New York hotels, people are just looking for somewhere clean and centrally located.
Anyways, I hope this list gets you started on your NYC hotel search and please keep us updated on your experience, in the comments or on my Instagram! This post contains affiliate links.
Most Recommended NYC Hotels on my Instagram (by far!)
- Hotel Edison (7.6 “Good” on booking.com)
- Fitzpatrick Grand Central (8.5 “Very Good” on booking.com)
- Row NYC (7.0 “Good” on booking.com)
- The New Yorker (7.8 “Good” on booking.com)
Other Recommendations for NYC Hotels (via my Instagram)
I’ve limited the list below to hotels that were recommended at least 3 times. I also haven’t included any hotel that’s rated less than 7.0 “Good” on booking.com. I personally would be looking for accommodation with a score around 8.0 or more (“Very Good”).
- citizenM (9.0 “Wonderful)” on booking.com)
- Arlo Midtown (8.9 “Excellent” on booking.com)
- Archer Hotel (8.9 “Excellent” on booking.com)
- Hyatt Centric Times Square (8.6 “Excellent” on booking.com)
- Riu Plaza Times Square (8.6 “Excellent” on booking.com)
- Park Lane (8.5 “Very Good” on booking.com)
- Martinique Hotel (8.5 “Very Good” on booking.com)
- The Lotte New York Palace (8.5 “Very Good” on booking.com)
- Courtyard by Marriot (8.3 “Very Good” on booking.com)
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott (7.6 “Very Good” on booking.com)
- Hilton Garden Inn (8.1 “Very Good” on booking.com)
- Wellington (7.7 “Good” on booking.com)
- Park Central (7.7 “Good” on booking.com)
- Paramount Hotel (7.3 “Good” on booking.com)
- Doubletree by Hilton Times Square (7.1 “Good” on booking.com)
DB put together the below map so that you can see where each hotel is and if you want, limit your NYC hotel search to a particular area.
Thanks for reading and I really hope you found this helpful! If you’re lucky enough to be heading to New York, you will definitely find the best (free!) things to do here!