When I first used the Color Wow Dream Coat, I was like… “It doesn’t work”. That’s because I wasn’t using it right and so I wanted to put together this little guide for those who are in the same boat and need a little guidance!
This post contains affiliate links.
What is the Color Wow Dream Coat?
The Color Wow Dream Coat is a (supernatural) spray that controls frizz, humidity and moisture levels and gives you SLEEK, SMOOTH and SHINEY hair for days! My hair does look like I just had a blow dry at a salon… THE DREAM! You can buy the original version or opt for the formula they’ve developed specifically for curly hair.
It’s silicone free and does not leave your hair greasy or heavy in any way! It claims to last up to 3 washes but I can’t say that has been my experience. Although, my hair does stay perfect until the next time I wash it, even on holidays in hot weather!!!
Oh and I should also say that it is heat activated and so you have to use a hair dryer for it to work!
I. LOVE. IT.
How to Use the Color Wow Dream Coat
It is easy to use once you know how… which is where I come in 😀 So wash your hair as you normally would and then follow these steps:
- Towel dry your hair until all of the heavy wet is gone. I mean REALLY dry it. If you can, roll it up in a towel and leave it dry for a few minutes
- Once you’ve towel dried your hair, brush it through. My favourite brush is the Vented Wet Brush. It’s an excellent detangler and it’s vented for blow drying (less damage)
- Roughly section your hair into 2 or 4 parts (depending how thick it is)
- This is the most important step because you MUST make sure you use enough product! Soak each section in the spray with the Dream Coat. I really mean SOAK. Your hair should be dryish from the towel drying, and now you need to make it proper wet again, with the spray. If your hair is not wet, you haven’t used enough so go again
- Remember the Dream Coat is heat activated and so you have to use a hair dryer for it to work. To dry my hair, I section it and point the hair dryer down at all times. I use the Wet Brush to guide it
You should now have the sleekest, smoothest and softest hair that you have ever had! I’ve recorded a video too which you can watch below!
You can buy the Color Wow Dream Coat here (PAY IN POUND) and currently you can get 20% off with code “LF20”. If you don’t want to commit to a full bottle before trying it, you can buy the 50ml bottle here which is also IDEAL for travelling! Curly haired folk, they have developed a specific formula for you.
View this post on Instagram
✨COLOR WOW DREAM COAT ✨ When I first used this I was like… “NO… it doesn’t work” 🤦🏻♀️That’s because I wasn’t using it right & so for those who are in the same boat & need a little guidance… here’s how I use it ❤️ The most important 2 things are 1. Towel dry your hair LOADS & 2. SOAK your hair in the Dream Coat!! USE PLENTY! 🤭 WHAT IS IT!!?? It’s basically a (supernatural) spray that controls frizz, humidity and moisture levels and gives you SLEEK, SMOOTH and SHINEY hair for dayssss! 🥳 My hair does look like I just had a blow dry at a salon… THE DREAM! 🥰 It claims to last 3 washes but I only get the one out of it. Although, my hair does stay sleek & shiney until the next time I wash it 👏🏼 My hair is in badly need of a colour which is great for this because that shine is not natural 🤦🏻♀️😂 That is ALL the Dreamcoat 🙌🏼 I’ve written a “How to…” blog post as well! I’ll link it in my stories & bio! So tell me, have you used it? Do you love it as much as me or no!? 🤔 Colour & cut (gifted) by @heavenlyhairirl ❤️ Copyright free music from You Tube 🤪 #colorwow #supernaturalspray#dreamcoat #hairstyles
I hope that has helped those of you who do not know where to start with the Dream Coat! Have you tried it? Do you love it as much as me or no? Let me know in the comments!
Thanks for reading as always!