I asked my Snapchat followers if they wanted the instructions to make their own healthy pizzas and the answer was a resounding yes! I won’t take any credit for this though because you all know by know I’m not the best in the kitchen! Darren came up with this idea himself and typed up the ingredients and instructions for me! These are so tasty, quick and cheap to make, and a healthier alternative to a Domino’s Pizza!
Total Time (prep and cooking): 20 minutes
Approximate Calories: 250 (approximately)
Some of the ingredients like the chutney, chilli flakes and olive oil last a long time so you don’t need to repurchase every time you make them.
Whole meal pitta bread (6 pack): 49c
Pizza Sauce: 1.29c
Onion Chutney: 1.69c
Olive Oil (everyone should have this already!)
Feta Cheese: 1.49c
Chilli Flakes: 99c
You can play around with the ingredients. For example, trade the feta for mozzarella, spinach for pepperoni, pizza sauce for passata; making them as healthy or unhealthy as you like!
Instructions (per pizza)
- Preheat your oven (on the fan setting) at 200 degrees.
- Brush the pitta bread with olive oil.
- Mix a teaspoon of pizza sauce and a teaspoon of onion chutney together and spoon it onto the pitta evenly.
- Sprinkle the chilli flakes onto the pizza (if you’re into a bit of heat).
- Finely slice a mushroom and place on top of the pizza.
- Crumble some feta cheese on top (enough to cover the base).
- Place a couple of spinach leaves on top.
- Place in the oven for 14-16 minutes.
- Take out and leave to cool for a couple of minutes (there’s nothing worse than burning your palette!).
- Add a side salad and enjoy!
Please let me know if you make them by tagging me in your pictures on Facebook, Instagram or Snapchat (livelavishlycom). Check out my (Darren’s :p) Healthy Blueberry and Banana Protein Pancakes for some more healthy eating inspo!