If you’ve read about My Weight Loss Journey, you’ll have seen that one of my favourite treats are these healthy banana and blueberry pancakes. These are so tasty, healthy and easy to make so I thought the recipe was worth sharing.
You can add protein powder on those days that you’re working out, I leave it out otherwise.
Disclaimer: I don’t cook. The below steps are carried out by my very competent in the kitchen husband.
Makes 6 to 8 small pancakes
- Porridge Oats (if you don’t have a blender, you can use flour),
- 1 Banana,
- 1 Egg (or 2 teaspoons of egg replacement),
- Handful of Blueberries,
- (Optional) 25 grams of Whey Protein (vanilla flavoured makes them taste extra delicious),
- Coconut Oil (this is to grease the frying pan, but it also makes the pancakes crispy),
- Greek yoghurt and honey to top them off (optional).
- Blend the porridge oats in a blender to make the flour.
- Add milk, egg replacement powder or eggs (I’m allergic, see how this effected my skin here), 1 banana, 1 standard measure of whey protein (optional) and blend it all together.
- Once the mixture is thoroughly blended, add the blueberries and blend for another couple of seconds. The pancake batter is now ready.
- Heat a teaspoon of the coconut oil in a frying pan then pour on some of the batter. The pancakes should be about the size of your palm.
- Fry the batter, on both sides for 5 minutes and there you have it – healthy, very tasty Banana and Blueberry Pancakes.
- Top them off with some Greek yoghurt, honey and blueberries!
If you don’t like blueberries or bananas, just leave them out! This recipe is so versatile. You can even add some cocoa nibs for a treat!